Saturday, November 6, 2010

Good Day Sunshine...

It rained again last night. This morning it was grey...but it didn't take long for patches of blue to pop through the clouds and for the sun to follow. I'm hoping that the hot Haitian sun dries up all the flood waters.

I still haven't been out of the house and have no reports of what things are like out in the streets of Port au Prince. Our car here isn't working. Our staff has been able to get in and out for work, so I'm figuring that's a good sign.

Staying in the house for three days has made me a little stir crazy, but it's given me the opportunity to get a lot of paperwork done, especially since the electricity has been working and we didn't lose internet during the storm (miraculously!)

I was able to send off a bunch of paperwork for kids that are in the process of adoption and get sponsorship letters sent off from 15 of our kids. These were all things that needed to get done and just weren't happening with all the other things going on, and sometimes uncooperative internet signal. It's nice to feel productive.

It's going to be a big week this week. I have lots of papers that I need to hunt down for kids, and we have a couple groups coming. My brother comes on Wednesday. There are no words for the excitement that I have at FINALLY getting to share Haiti with someone in my family. This is will be the first time that any of them have made it to Haiti, and I can't wait for them to start seeing what it is that I always talk about. Should be fun.

I'm a little sad that I won't be experiencing "fall back" tonight. I love getting that extra hour of sleep, but Haiti doesn't change time...so I'll go to bed on Central Time and wake up on Eastern Time.

For all of you that get to change time...happy extra hour of sleep! Lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment