Thursday, November 4, 2010

Home...

I've been at my house all day today. We didn't go out at all. This is the first day in quite some time that that has been the case for me.

I spent most of the day scanning paperwork and answering emails. We actually had city electricity all day as well, which meant lots of time on the computers, and our internet was actually working. All good things.

The wind started early today. The rain started later this evening. It's been pretty steady but nothing crazy bad yet. I'm hoping the crazy bad stays away.

Our kids are all safe here, and we've contacted everyone we know who might not have adequate housing. It's not like in the states when a hurricane comes. Usually people board windows...buy bread, water, and milk. Not here. We haven't done any of those preparations, but I think everything is under control...just riding the storm out, and praying for everyone without homes tonight. It's a lot of rain...

4 comments:

  1. thanks for continuing to post updates.
    are you in Haiti indefinitely? I'll be back January-February--hope I can see you then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here until at least February! We'll definitely hang out then! I've been super busy the last week getting a girl to the States on a medical visa. I'd like to post more often, but sometimes I just run out of steam. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, our choir prayed for Haiti tonight...you are in my thoughts and prayers SOOO much of the time as Tomas bears down on Haiti. Love you, and can't wait to hear that you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel,

    You have been in my prayers. My friends keep asking for updates and I share what I can. Looking forward to being there in a few weeks.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete