Monday, December 6, 2010

Back, Kind of...

I've been away from my computer for a while. I had intended to keep blogging from the United States while I was away, but my boyfriend proposed to me, and apparently the excitement of everything was enough to keep me away from the computer.

I have been dating my fiance since February. We met last January in Chicago and bonded over our connection to Haiti. He is from Les Cayes and was living in the United States this past year. He has just returned to Haiti with me so that he can see his family and we can spend a little more time living in the same country! Plus, I think he was jealous that I was in Haiti and he was living with snow in the wintery Midwest.

We just returned to Haiti last week and came down to Les Cayes for the wedding of one of his best friends and for me to meet his family. I would love to write more about all of it, but we don't have a lot of internet access here in Les Cayes so that will have to wait until I return to Port Au Prince on Wednesday.

We're hoping there isn't too much election craziness in the next couple days. We're expecting an announcement tomorrow about the election results. I'll post more in a couple days.


3 comments:

  1. Glad that you're back to posting! Congratulations again on the engagement . . . that is awesome news to hear.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Rachel! I'm so happy for you! Keep up the posting, your blog about Haiti is very interesting and insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you both are back safely!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete